Friday, November 18, 2005

Direcway problems

We had a really nice time visiting with Kate and Terry. I took Kate around Quartzsite trying to find a flag pole for her, but to no avail. I told her that she and Terry will just have to come back in January -- certainly there must be someone here selling flag poles then! In the evening, Earl barbecued chicken, I cooked veggies, and Kate & Terry provided potato salad -- a sumptuous repast was had by all!

My Direcway problems continued. I was on the phone to Margo several times, and we tried lots of different things: Margo walked me through making several changes to my computer setup; we unhooked the cables from the side of the Lazy Daze and ran them directly to the modem; Earl tried boosting the signal strength more; but nothing worked. It wasn't until Margo had me go into the Direcway System Control Center and tell her the date of the most recent software update (August 2003), that she realized what the problem was: Direcway had deleted my account! Margo says that it doesn't happen very often but it does happen. She has a file that will correct the problem which she said she'd send me via email (fortunately, I have my Verizon phone set up with a Mobile Office kit that allows me to access the Internet with the phone hooked up to the laptop). I couldn't get the email until after 9:00 PM without using my monthly minutes (Verizon's America's Choice offers free night and weekend minutes), but I just couldn't make it to 9:00 PM, so decided to put off doing anything further until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home