Saturday, November 03, 2007

Today was my stepfather's funeral. Actually, since he was cremated after he died, it wasn't really a funeral, but just a graveside service. Although it was cold, the day was bright and sunny, so it wasn't too bad (and someone handed us a blanket to cover us while we sat for the service).

There were lots of Andrew's relatives there who we had never met. There were also a lot of my relatives there, too, who we hadn't seen for many years: my Aunt Nancy (my mother's sister-in-law) and her 3 daughters, Jennifer, Jackie, Josephine, and my Aunt Ilene (another of my mother's sisters-in-law) came with her son Steve and his wife. We visit Ilene from time to time when we're traveling in the Northwest (she lives in Nyssa, Oregon), but we haven't seen Nancy or her 3 daughters for several years.

After the service, most of the group headed over to Andy's house where he and Kim had arranged for a catered lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home