Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We picked up our new truck today...it's beautiful! It's a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 with the Cummins diesel engine and the 4-speed automatic transmission. It's Bright Silver Metallic and is the Big Horn edition. I'll take some pictures and post them soon. The truck has a built-in Sirius radio so probably tomorrow, I'll call Sirius and get our lifetime subscription transferred from our plug-and-play radio to the one in the truck.

I called the insurance company and changed the coverage from the Chevy to the Dodge and also called the place in Louisiana where were getting the fifth wheel hitch to order the B&W Turnover Gooseneck Ball Hitch for the Dodge. The guy told me it would be shipped out today, so I would expect that both items will be here sometime next week. We'll then take the turnover ball hitch and the truck over to RV Lifestyles for them to do the installation.

I got a call from Denny at Sunfire RV about the colors we wanted. I had chosen "Bronze Suede" from the pictures in the brochure, but it seems that we can mix and match materials, and Denny seemed uncomfortable with ordering a color without our having seen it in person, so we may drive over to Mesa on Saturday (in our new truck, of course!) to take a look at the fabric samples. We'll just make a day of it instead of spending the night, for which we'd take the Lazy Daze.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, when I last looked in on your blog on October 11th, you looked like you were ready to settle in for the winter in your Quartzsite home. When I looked in today, you are going back to fulltiming and getting a 5th wheel, not a Lazy Daze. A lot of changes!

Friday, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home